iSeries Project Accounting
Global's iSeries™ Project Accounting is designed to monitor progress and track costs related to any type of project, or any number of projects, including capital projects, engineering projects, research and development projects, revenue generating projects, marketing projects, consumer projects and more.
Project Accounting is completely user-defined. Tailor the system structure to match the unique requirements of any project. Analyze projects by hours expended, revenues generated, multiple currencies and more. Roll up project costs and data for up-to-the minute information at any level of a project. This includes budget revisions and change orders at any summary or detail level. Current, future, and prior year's budget information is also available.
Project Accounting is designed to easily receive information from purchasing, accounts payable, inventory, payroll, etc. Allocation of capital expenditures to fixed assets is also extremely flexible with an automatic interface to Global's Fixed Assets to facilitate the capitalization of assets as required.
- Scalability – define project tracking and reporting requirements by utilizing up to 12 user-defined levels of project posting structure
- Roll up project costs and data for up-to-the minute information at any level of a project
- Allocation of asset information any number of ways — one line item equals one asset, a group of items equals an asset, or a group of items equals a group of assets
- Threshold warning — establish unlimited warning messages associated with critical events within the life of a project that will alert project managers
- Graphical User Interface (GUI) available
- Tracks all budgeted, actual and committed dollars related to capital and expense expenditures at each of 12 “project” levels
- Data transfer module available
- Security-by-user profile
User defined posting structure allows user to specify number of levels within system. Level definitions (key or informational) and descriptions are also user defined. With the data ‘roll-up’, automatic summarization of budget information can occur. Along with this, system interfaces allow for automatic transaction entry from other financial applications, such as Budget, Accounts Payable, Purchase Order, Inventory and Payroll.
The Project View module provides the ability for the user to track other data associated with a project. Such data includes multi-currencies, hours, revenues, etc.
The standard project master file inquiry is another feature of the Project Accounting application, via user defined posting structure levels. User defined inquiry is available across any and all files.
Fixed Assets Interface
By using an allocation routine, the user is able to summarize data into Global’s Fixed Asset records using a variety of techniques. Fixed Asset records are also transferred to a temporary holding file within the Fixed Assets system for further processing.
- Estimated Amount to Complete
- Capital/Expense Expenditures
- Capital/Expense Status
- Committed/Uncommitted Amounts
- Monthly Budget/Actual
- Budget Variance
- Report Writer
Data File Transfer
The Project Accounting Data Transfer module adds to the already extensive offering of reports found in the Project Accounting application. Easily select project data based on user defined criteria and then either display the results, or download to a PC file.
Click to Enlarge
Global's iSeries™ Project Accounting is designed to monitor progress and track costs related to any type of project. Because Project Accounting is completely user-defined, you have the ability to tailor the system structure to match the unique requirements of each project.
Click to Enlarge
Roll up project costs and data for up-to-the minute information at any level of a project. This includes budget revisions and change orders at any summary or detail level. Current, future, and prior year's budget information is also available.
iSeries Project Accounting Technical Requirements
|Utilizing iSeries that is running on an IBM supported release of the operating system|